top of page
219154754_112824431073333_6556169264185440575_n.jpg
218360141_3802584403186465_8921947006960092278_n.jpg

Skriverparken

Adjacent to the museum's garden is Skriverparken, which is Øvre Eiker's 1000th anniversary. It has been developed into a beautiful park down by the river. Here there are, among other things, some permanent sculptures, a fountain with salmon and lighting, and exciting playgrounds for children.   

The blue cathedral artist Andrej Rudavsky

Andrej Rudavsky was born in Poland in 1933 and died in Bratislava in 2014 - 82 years old.  His artistic education he received in Bratislava and Prague.  He was a prominent figure in both sculpture and painting.  One of his sculptures, "Die Glaubensboten" - "The Messenger of Faith" - is located in front of the UN building in New York.

 

The sculpture BLUE CATHEDRAL was made of larvikite from the quarry of the company Lundh AS in Tjølling, Larvik.  From 1985, Lundh AS invited sculptors from all over the world to work in the quarry.  A Sculptor Symposium was held every other year, and the artists had to choose the blocks they wanted to work with.

 

In 1990, the artist Andrej Rudavsky was present in the quarry where he started his work with the sculpture BLUE  KATEDRAL - the 7-part sculpture that is located outside in Skriverparken.  History tells us that the communist authorities in the former Czechoslovakia did not recognize Rudavsky's artistic works.  

Several of his sculptures were destroyed.  The 7-part sculpture he worked with in the larvikite quarry in Tjølling in 1990 was to be a replacement for the sculptures that were lost in the home country.  

The result was the sculpture BLUE CATHEDRAL, and this was passed on in 2021 as a gift from Øvre Eiker municipality to the Nøstetangen Norwegian Glass Museum Foundation.

239453272_832994740653484_2030505304083904932_n.jpg
248945029_875589296394028_7166546551579495656_n.jpg
12182605_741408925970710_7729770213741087185_o.jpg

Skriverparken - the 1000th anniversary site

 

At the turn of the millennium, the park was chosen as Øvre Eiker's "Millennium site" ._ cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_
The park contains large old trees, hedges and sculptures:  

  • Waterfall with salmon - Tormod Solløs

  • Memorial after July 22, 2011 - Nicolaus Widerberg

In addition, there are wooden installations from school projects related to activity in the river - fishing and timber.

10504881_532136460231292_8343729076543301533_o.jpg
20748316_1221100494668215_636339768999993763_o.jpg
20776462_1221100868001511_2355760554301188696_o-2.jpg
98114792_550029675616660_5017358049040400384_n.jpg

"A window towards Nøstetangen"

Picture shows the installation "Window towards Nøstetangen", which has been a collaborative project between 

Stiftelsen  Nøstetangen Norwegian glass museum and civil works. Tom Wike.

 

The graphic work was done by the friends association member Liv Dahl Haugen.

The upper image is taken from an engraving on a wine glass from the 1770s, which shows what it looked like on 

Nøstetangen at that time.

The lower picture is from Ip Olufsen Weyse's model book from 1763, which contains drawings of glass

models made at Nøstetangen Glasværk and Aas Grønne Glasshytte in Sandsvær.

The text on the sidebar tells a bit about Nøstetangen Glasværk's history.

 

The installation is a gift from Sparebanken ØST to the Nøstetangen Norwegian Glass Museum Foundation

IMG_4424 2.HEIC
118472317_2926668464111401_4331780600554529083_n-2.jpg
bottom of page